January 3, 2014

Nintendard

I've been working on a couple of fan art pieces, mostly just experimenting different techniques and styles. I'ts funny how I naturally gravitate to anything nintendo. They are the worlds I grew up with and the ones that have the most influence on my work.


NESS
I wanted to try some airbrushing techniques digitally. Really wanted the character to feel like a vinyl toy. Not sure how well that came across, but I like the final result. I especially had tons of fun designing the little base where he stands.




LINK
For this one, I wanted to go back to traditional, and experiment with a bunch of different materials: water colors, acrylics, color pencils. I touched up the contrast a bit digitally. I would like to do a larger digital pass on it, just to see how far I can push it. Regardless, It was an extremely challenging and educational piece to work on.



No comments: